Saturday, July 27, 2013

Front Row Kit from Studio Calico

I have quite a stash of Studio Calico kits. Their kits are always great, and Studio Calico's Front Row kit (Feb. 2013) was no exception. I went back to this kit recently to clean out my kit stash a bit and make room for new ones. I had used the kit already, so I had just enough left to create a few last layouts before calling it done.

This first layout is based on a layout by Amanda Jones in the Silhouette 101 class at My Creative Passion. The circles here are a cut file from that class. I backed the circle with various patterned paper from the kit and foam-dotted the circles and the photos up off the background.


The stitching around the edge gives this simple layout a nice frame.


I added just a few simple embellishments to finish off the page -- along with a few little stamps from the Front Row kit.



Next, I was inspired by a video at Two Peas by Jill Sprott to use lots of frames on a layout. I had a bunch of frames sitting on my table from working with Studio Calico's Roundabout kit, so I used those along with the Front Row kit to make this layout.


The photos are straight out of my category drawers -- a photo organization method taught by Stacy Julian as a place to store your extra photos, the ones left over after you make a page. Those photos are organized by categories (as the name implies), so I was quickly able to find photos of each of us and all of us together.


I'm addicted to stitching lately. I sewed another frame on this page. Love how it looks.


With these two layouts, I officially finished off my Front Row kit from Studio Calico, making room for more kits to come. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love these pages! Just wanted to say hello, saw your note on my blog post about moving to Colorado. We settled in Parker and love it! Not too far from you!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...