Monday, July 15, 2013

Project Life with Studio Calico's Roundabout Kit

I really loved Studio Calico's Roundabout kit from June 2013. I got the main kit and purchased one of the add-ons, plus the Project Life kit and the add-on for that as well. Once I get my kits, I put all of the materials together in a large 14x14 box that sits open on my scrapbook table. That way, I can create with it all month as I'm working on new projects.

Today I want to share the Project Life layouts I created with the Roundabout kit. I loved the colors and elements for this month. I added a few things from my stash as well.

Here's my first layout for April - just two PL layouts total for April. I'm not stressing about being "behind" or getting caught up. I know I will get there by the end of the year...


Here I added washi tape, labels, and the camera clip (Prima). I really love putting a full 4x6 photo across two 4x3 pockets.


On this layout, I added in a 4x6 card from the Studio Calico Darling Dear collection, as well as the washi tape and labels. Love that "Let's Be Adventurers" stamp in the Roundabout kit. I used it a lot this month. And the alpha stamp from Roundabout was perfect for stamping out "Minecraft" (Anyone else have minecraft-crazy boys in their house?)


The cork Thickers in the Roundabout kit are awesome. I'm hoping they'll be available in stores at some point. When using bulky items like Thickers and brads, I put them on the outside of the pocket.



Next up, my second layout for April. Brighter colors this time...


Pinks and oranges aren't the most usual colors for boys, but I like how it looks here. I added in washi tape, labels, and flair from my stash.


Love those wood veneer 4x3 cards...


I used the Roundabout frame stamp to create a custom-size slide frame for our new shoes. I just stamped the image, colored it in with markers (so fun to color again!) and then cut the edges apart, removing just enough to frame my photo. I added asterisk stickers over top of the seam to hide it a bit.



I'm looking forward to more Project Life layouts for May, coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...