Monday, August 19, 2013

Embossing a Background

Recently, I took Jen Gallacher's class Scrapbook Stamper's Workshop at Two Peas. Loved that class. Jen's layouts are always inspiring, and she had a ton of ideas for using stamps on your layouts.

I was especially drawn to one technique Jen highlighted -- to use embossing powder to create a background for your layout. So I grabbed two different camera stamps (one from Amy Tangerine and one from a Lawn Fawn alpha set) and my white embossing powder to create this layout.


The rest of the papers and embellishments are from the Front Row kit from Studio Calico. I also used some zig-zag and straight stitching to add some texture.


I really love how those embossed cameras turned out. They look beautiful on the vellum. I need to remember to bring out my stamping supplies more often.


An easy way to add interest to a large strip of paper. I'll be doing this again soon.

Now it's your turn: When was the last time you embossed on your scrapbook pages? I challenge you to dig out those supplies and create something today...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...