Friday, September 27, 2013

Epic Birthday

Birthday photos can be hard to scrapbook. There's just so many of them. To help with this, I do a Shutterfly photobook to showcase all of the photos, just dropping them into ready-made templates to make it easy. Then, I use just the best photos to create a few layouts per year.

So today, I'm sharing a birthday layout that's not-your-typical birthday layout. I used the Heidi Swapp No Limits collection and my beloved Kiwi Lane designer templates. The end result is a fun layout showcasing lots of birthday photos.



For the borders and background, I used Kiwi Lane's Spook Alley, Strips, Abbie Road, and Photo Blocks.

 
I have always loved Heidi's handwritten embellishments (who else remembers all those rub-ons??). I bought the "epic" shape from Heidi Swapp's website and then traced it with my Silhouette to create the perfect matching title.


For the accents, I used Kiwi Lane's accessory templates in Adventure, Journey, Playtime, and Accents.


I printed the journaling onto a shield shape I cut out with the Kiwi Lane Journey accessory set. Perfect for boy layouts. Love how it looks (font is Typewriter Scribbled). It takes some fiddling to get your printer to print where you want it, but it's so worth it. I think next time, I'll just print it onto the paper and then cut out the shape. (Seriously, why didn't I think of that before right now. Duh.)


I'm seriously in love with this layout. It helps that the collection has my favorite color combo right now -- blue and orange. Total boy colors.

Have you created any unusual birthday layouts lately? Please share...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...